Monday, March 24, 2014

We came as Romans album: "Understanding what we've grown to be" is the story of how one must over comes his fear, depression and losing friends. One of the songs talks about how he can’t help out a friend in "I can’t make good decisions for you" he talks about how he can’t help unless the person will let him. And how he wants the friend to show the singer that he thought wrong when he says you won’t live a happy life to his friend. Or in the song "Understanding what we've grown to be" He talks about how he's getting over his depression and his struggle over his fears. And how he thinks others should do the same. Although at the beginning of the song, He says "I die every time I try to lie to myself about feeling alive." which makes it another story. But leads up to him saying "Tonight when I look into the sky, I know this is why I am alive”. Which makes it a great song when you're sad.

       Although this album is great, some of the songs talk about the same thing, which can get annoying. Because it’s great to get over your fears and move on and help out friends, but when the same stories told over and over again, it doesn’t really change. So it feels as though it’s the same song. And some of the songs are boring, like "Everything as planned" or "What I wish I never had". They can be good when you listen to them once and awhile, but not great. Which is why I would give it an 8/10 because it does have a great story and fun to listen to and has awesome music. So go listen to it.








No comments:

Post a Comment